view from the south...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sun=electric

Reaction score
I just bought some land near Putnam Pond (Pharoah Lake Area) and looking nnw I can see Dix? or Giant? What would the profile of those mountains look like from Treadway Mt or a similar vantage point from the south? Any one have any pix looking north from any summits near Pharoah?
thanks for the help

I climbed pharoeh mtn earlier this year, and from the top could not see the dixes. so I dont believe you could see the dix range from your house. I got a good view of noonmark and giant. I dont know if you could see giant and rocky peak from house level or not. that would depend on how high your house is i suspect.

I'm sorry i did not read you post very good, I thought you were looking from house level. Noonmark is a pointed mtn with a bald summit. On either side you will see mountains with well marked slides. The one on the right is "giant", and the one on the left is "gothics". Further to the left of gothics i remember seeing a mtn with more slides on it, that was "basin". Continueing left you should be able to see "haystack" and finally "marcy".this was all from Pharoah summit, so I don't know if you see the same from treadway. I climbed tradway 4 years ago, and it was so humid and hazy I could barley make out pharoah lake.