Pemi Loop Record Attempt 9/4/09

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I call "Shake and Bake!"

Maybe if someone stood at the Galehead Hut intersection with fresh beverages sub-7 could have been achieved........I think Youngblood or Farmer can push it down to 6:50 in the next year or two......they don't have a lot of trail running in their legs yet.....

I think this shows how trained you guys truly are, those times after a marathon of true mountain rock dodging is pretty incredible.

I agree with ColdRiverRun..........29:51 on that stretch is unheard of.....normal well trained people have a hard time jogging that portion after a pemi-loop.....you guys are like four levels above that............I know Albee has done it in 35 minutes during a pemi loop and he is a 2:32 marathoner and has done the mile in 4:07.

Awesome!!!

Congrat's Kevin and Ben!!!

Eventhough you "lost" some time at the Hut it also served as a great rest break which may have helped you go faster the rest of the way as opposed to passing through more quickly:confused:

The good thing about you guys is that you still have years ahead that you can still improve from where your currently at :p

Also great to hear about Ben's 16th place finish at the IAU World Trail Challenge in France and your 8th place finish in the Pikes Peak Ascent!!! Amazing!!! Having done these so recently wonder if you were "fully" recovered or maybe the Pemi Loop was a "recovery run" :D:eek::p;)

Wonder if you had any falls/close calls and...since the times are so close...where is the "official" start/finish line??? Hopefully not on the bridge or parking lot side in case they end up removing the bridge(not sure where that currently stands?).

Hopefully not on the bridge or parking lot side in case they end up removing the bridge(not sure where that currently stands?).
Wrong bridge, the one near the parking lot isn't going anywhere. The bridge in danger of removal is past the Bondcliff trail junction, and isn't on the Pemi Loop.

nicely done gentleman! Sasquatch called me fri night with the news. made focusing on my presi attempt very difficult. when i went counter clockwise i ran the lincoln woods to bondcliff section in 38 minutes not wanting to go out too hard. if i had run your pace i would have been sub 7 hours. The weekend after i run vt 50 i will make an attempt on your new record. i will run clockwise. weather and trail conditions permitting of course. and this time i won't hike in to galehead over the twins the afternoon before in 4 hours to drop off food.:D:D i'm digging the competition thanks! congrats again!

ryan

oh and just out of pure curiosity. what side of the bridge did you start and end on? ;)

Just to start by saying all of you are amazing!!!

I'm thinking that less than a minute apart is hard to determine who owns the record.......did everyone start at same spot..were stop watches used or watches set at 00 seconds... .....:rolleyes: Just curious

Start spot????
End spot?????

I would say records that close together should have a face-off
with a head to head start to determine the real record holder! Think of the many spots for viewing..

I'm not demeaning either runner, very impressed with incredible speed over tough terrain. You guys are incredible and all deserve incredible congrats!! :D

I'm just thinking out loud! Well in writing......:eek:

New Record waiting to be set

With the bridge now removed it's a new course...kinda ;)

Depending on conditions...amount of water...the record could still be broken?

But more likely it could be considered a "new course" and sooo...who's done it and what's the record :D

Har, har, har...

where is that darn start/finish line anyway...

I usually start and stop at the top of the stairs at the ranger station. I believe Farmer does the same thing. it probably doesn't matter since we'll see someone with a 6:50-something time next year I'm sure.....Farmer, Youngblood or the two current record holders.......still inconceivable how it's possible for some to run that fast over that rough terrain......I don't think a bunch of Kenyans would be able to run much faster.....maybe we should bring in a few and see what they can do?