NH 200 H Finish

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dms

Reaction score
On a spectacular day in Pittsburg, I was fortunate to finish the NH 200 H with great companions, great weather, and some truly great views. I want to thank Damon and Al for slowing their normal pace so that I could stay with them. We planned on two peaks, hoped for 3, but ended up getting all 4 that I needed. We started off with a 15 mi drive up an old woods road to get close to Perry Ponds Peak. The woods were a dream, all bushwacks should be so nice. We found the register signed in and headed for the boundary swath and W. Prospect Hill. It's always interesting to have one foot in the US and one foot in Canada. There were nice views from the swath, after signing the register we headed back to the car through an open forest. On to Third CT Lake, and a wack to Scott Bog Peak. This wack was the opposite of Perry Ponds, a real crummy scrap heap. But we were able to get to the swath, find the register and head off to the real gem of the day, W. Magalloway! The top has been lumbered, so we had unrestricted views into Canada, VT, ME. Great views of so many peaks, even Washington and the Mahoosucs. We then adjorned to a nice meal at the world famous eatery, the Buck Rub restaurant, life is good. I'll post some pics.

Hi

I've been to W. Prospect twice and never seen the canister. Is it new?

Last year I was with Nate - maybe he found it while I was searching for the survey marker (which I never found) and I wasn't paying attention. Was Nate's name there? Was mine? (this may be a real senior moment!!)

OTOH, Oncoman and I found the Bon Durban Canister which has never been seen since.

Anyway, nice going. That's a neat area up there isn't it.

EDIT: - I just re-read my report from last year and yes Nate found the jar. I still don't remember it, even if I was there and wrote about it. I would still love to know if I actually signed it!

Last edited:
PB, Nate in his inimitable style, wrote a 2.5 page entry! I don't recall seeing your signature either before or after Nate's novella. The register is about 30-40 feet off the swath. We actually found a nice route on the Canadian side to avoid the steep dropoff just before the peak. The swath is easy walking there.