1 Month to Flags on the 48!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobandgeri

Reaction score
Flags on the 48 - September 11th Memorial Hike is only a month away!

For those of you those are not familiar with this event:

This is the 3rd year that the event has taken place. Once again Geri and I are joining others in the hiking community in honoring those fallen heroes by flying the American flag atop of all 48 four thousand foot and higher mountains in New Hampshire on Saturday, September 11, 2004 from Noon to 2 PM. By demonstrating our steadfast unity as Americans and as hikers, we hope to express our unwavering support to the families and to the communities whose losses are beyond comprehension and whose sacrifices will forever remain in our hearts.

This year we have signed up to fly a flag on Mt Liberty. We would love to have a few others join us. We have a 15 foot flag pole and 6' x 10' flag that we will be flying - and carrying up the trail.

If you would like to join us, please let us know and we will figure out the details. We will be camping in Twin Mountain and be staying for the weekend joining some others on Sunday for a hike on Mt Lafayette by way of the Skookumchuck Trail and descending the Greenleaf Trail.

Individuals, families, and well behaved pets are welcome!

Write us at [email protected]

Please take the time to check out the website - at this time I believe all the peaks have been claimed, however several people/groups have indicated they would welcome participation, so if Mt Liberty is not too your liking, ask to join in with a group on another peak, or just get out there on September 11th and show your support by hiking one of the NH48 peaks!

http://www.flagsonthe48.org/

I will be taking Old Glory up Garfield as a part of this event, and also welcome anyone who would like to join me! PM me either here or on http://www.flagsonthe48.org if you'd like to officially participate on Garfield, or just show up to hike or visit the summit while I'm there.

(and everything else Bob said; sorry I'm terse, I just got back from 4 days of vacation and am trying to catch up!)

Fot48

I will be doing the Hancock Loop that day as part of the event. I mentor a college group that is hoisting the flag on South Hancock. Its a great cause and should be a great day...

We got Kinsman....Can't wait. we saw people involved last year but this is our first year. Can't wait to see all the glory we can:D Boots

I'll be on Willey. Anyone who wants to join me (and visit 3 4K peaks in the process is most welcome.

I had great fun doing this in 2002 and am glad to be doing it again.

We'll be tagging Monroe. Stop by any of the 4000 footers between Noon and 2:00 pm on 9/11 to see the flags displayed. Hopefully with good weather and visiability, you should be able to see flags from other peaks nearby.