Carter Dome, South, Middle and North Carter; Tuesday Sept 29

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

una_dogger

Reaction score
Trails Used: 19 Mile Brook Tr, Carter Dome Trail, Carter-Moriah Trail, North Carter Tr, Imp Trail, Dodge Cutoff.

Hikers: Una_dogger and Terra the dog

Peaks bagged: Carter Dome, S - M -N Carter.

Distance ~14 miles

Special Equipment: sunglasses!

Notable Trail conditions:
Large blowdown across Carter Dome Trail b/w 19 Mile Brook Tr and Zeta Pass, between the two water crossings. Lots of wear already where folks have been going around it.

A great day to be in the woods! What was forecast to be partly cloudy with afternoon showers turned out to be a glorious sunny day for hiking. On the trail at 915am; sun and clouds on the way up. Clouds came in on way from Zeta Pass to C Dome, was on C Dome at 1135am when a thick fog rolled in , so decided to skip Hight today. Once back in the pass, the sun came out and it was a bluebird day until I reached the car 7 hours later. Looking up at Mt Washington as I drove by at 420pm, I saw the fog roll down over Boott Spur and envelope the mountains. Pretty dramatic!

Terra the trail dog bagged NH K9 4ks 45, 46 and 47. :)
Una_dogger bagged N Carter for Y Alpine and got to play LOTS of rounds of "stick". :D

Couple Blackberry Pics:
Presis from lump below Middle Carter
ry%3D400

Carter Dome from same lump
ry%3D400

Last edited: