Grant Rd Trailhead

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REK

Reaction score
Anyone have any updated info on the Grant Rd. trailhead in the Belknaps? The last time I was up there there were plenty of no parking/trespassing signs, not to mention a shiny new McMansion on the trail. Maps show a trail further east that leads from the next road down to the Quarry Tr. in the Rand, W. Quarry col. Is this an option? Any local heartburn? Our boys want to finish up the range and get the patch. Thanks
Bob

Last I knew there is still no access from Grant Road. Access from Glidden Road (road to east of Grant) has no good parking area and had a gate part way in the trail that I was told wasn’t meant to keep hikers out but 4-wheelers. If you go in Bickford Road (west of Grant Road) and turn left on Wood Road there is a new, large parking area after you drive in to the left of the last house on the road. From there you pass the East Gilford Trail (yellow) and can follow the Fire Rd and CC ski trail (red) to Round Pond Link (blue) into Round Pond. It is very nice and only a few minutes longer than the route from Grant Road.

Wear bright colors and noisey isn't a bad idea.

Fire Road

Last I knew there is still no access from Grant Road. Access from Glidden Road (road to east of Grant) has no good parking area and had a gate part way in the trail that I was told wasn’t meant to keep hikers out but 4-wheelers. If you go in Bickford Road (west of Grant Road) and turn left on Wood Road there is a new, large parking area after you drive in to the left of the last house on the road. From there you pass the East Gilford Trail (yellow) and can follow the Fire Rd and CC ski trail (red) to Round Pond Link (blue) into Round Pond. It is very nice and only a few minutes longer than the route from Grant Road.

Wear bright colors and noisey isn't a bad idea.
[Carole][REK] the fire road is not blazed in red.It is not blazed at all at this time. The fire road does continue straight up the hill after crossing the bridge after the E.Gilford trail turns right [sign] Aprox.3/4of a mile up from the brige the Gunstock Round Pond trail comes in kind of on the right. Here you turn left [Sign for R.P.Trail]and follow the red blazes to the jct of the round pond link [blue] turn left and proceed 50 ft. and turn left and follow the blue blazes to the pond and the old rd. coming from Grant rd. The red blazes continue down to the pond on the near side of the pond.I hope this helps.