New Hunter lean-to

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deanmacg

Reaction score
I took some friends on their first bushwask up Rusk, over Little Rusk and onto the Spruceton trail on our way up to do Hunter. I was not prepared for amazing setting for the new lean-to. I just figured it was in the same spot. Everyone involved in that project deserves a mighty thanks for all their efforts and planning. WOW!!! Can't wait to try it out. Thank you all!!!

You're welcome, I hope everybody treats it well and has many a good night!

Hope the porkies have not found it yet. :)

Jay

A couple of months ago we came down off Hunter that way not knowing the old shelter burned down . I was wondering how we could have gone right by without seeing it....now I know . :confused: Going to have to check the new one out .

Dave

We hiked in Friday night with take-out orders of sushi. The moon was amazing as was the fire & dinner. Stayed up till 2:30 am - too beautiful to go to sleep. Hiked to the tower and then over to the ski area, then down and out. Perfect weather and time with an old hiking partner.

We hiked in Friday night with take-out orders of sushi. The moon was amazing as was the fire & dinner. Stayed up till 2:30 am - too beautiful to go to sleep. Hiked to the tower and then over to the ski area, then down and out. Perfect weather and time with an old hiking partner.
Excellent, were you the first signers of the new log book?

Excellent, were you the first signers of the new log book?

No. But the first signning overnight quests. Five more stayed there Sat night. They were heading to the old site to pitch some tents when we informed them of the recent build - they were pretty psyched!

Last edited: