VFTT Patch

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gris

Reaction score
I see on the front page stickers are available, but where/how does one get a patch to identify self with on trail...?

At the current time you buy as many stickers as you can afford and encourage your friends to do the same. When the stickers sell out, the money from the stickers will finance the next round of patches. The first round sold out and none are available.

This is how I remember it being explained to me, I may be off, the full explanation is in the stickers thread which may have fallen victim to last summers crash. I would do a search for it but I'm lazy and about to head out on a break.

Judging from the responses in the "carry pack or hide it" thread if you paid close attention to the trip and event forum and planned your outings accordingly you just might find a patched pinned, er, laying in a lean to.......

Darren will probably correct me on any particulars that I'm wrong on when he returns...

Warren said:
Judging from the responses in the "carry pack or hide it" thread if you paid close attention to the trip and event forum and planned your outings accordingly you just might find a patched pinned, er, laying in a lean to.......
Close attention to another recent thread, a trip report by someone or other, indicates that there is also a patch waiting for the next passerby about .5 miles due east of the Owls Head sign. Right about here.

Seems like they're just all over the place. :) :)

Pb

Darren is out of patches.

Now if there were someone out there who wanted to solicit and keep track of orders, and we could get enough critical mass, we could probably place another order.
Also with the understanding that a portion of each patch's receipts goes to the Brain Tumor Society.

Peakbagr

Patches?! We don't need no stinkin' patches!

;) Sorry, it had to be said.

And I know that the line was never said in The Treasure of the Sierra Madre even though it was parodied in Blazing Saddles.

-dave-

Gris said:
Whooooosshhh!!! (the sound of that going right over my head)

Hardcore Mel Brooks fans will get it. Go rent "Blazing Saddles," and you'll get it, too.;) :D ;) :D

David Metsky said:
Patches?! We don't need no stinkin' patches!

Sorry, it had to be said.

And I know that the line was never said in The Treasure of the Sierra Madre even though it was parodied in Blazing Saddles.

Actual line: "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges."

One of my all-time favorites. There are lots of great lines in this movie. Here's another good one:

"We've wounded this mountain. It's our duty to close her wounds. It's the least we can do to show our gratitude for all the wealth she's given us."

Steve

I would like a patch too.

As for blazing saddles, Gris must be spending too much time in the mountains (wish I had that problem) to not know of it. The movie transcends generations.

"Awww, @#$% now we gotta go back and get a @#$%load of dimes!"

"...its twue, its twue."

I'm not eloquent enough to explain it. You won't forget the scene if you ever see it.
The line pricks the memory of anyone who has seen the movie.

;)

It took me a 1/2 day to remember, but now I'm laughing at my computer.

Think Weiner Schnitzel (sp?) .........

New sport? Patch bagging?

I like the idea of patch bagging. THis can be a new sport to see who collects the most patches. If you want your's back, you'd have to pay a ransom to the captur.

BTW Warren, which view in the Cats is that with Hunter in the background?

Hunter?

It looks like Kaaterskill High Peak from the quarry on the way to Sugarloaf mountain.