VFTT Patch

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Caching VFTT patches?

I have a patch or two patch that I'd be willing to part with, and when I started to read this thread, I was originally going to send them to the first who asked, but caching sounds more interesting.

As I just came back from Vt, my next outings will be in the Western Catskills in late Aug., central Catskills in late Sept., and possibly NH in between.
At that time, I will cache a patch at a suitable location and post some cryptic instructions on where to find it. (Note: I hike with my kids, so don't expect a death march to get it.)

If Darren (or popular opinion) has no issues with VFTT patches out under some rock, look for a new thread in a few weeks.

Jim

hikethe115 said:
That's great!! Sounds like fun. And then the person who finds it is suppose to choose a new spot and start again?
Hell no! The person who finds it sells it on ebay for an unconcionably high sum.

I believe they call it "Dibble's Quarry." It was/is a bluestone quarry in it's heyday.

Don't know the history of it anymore, but I think I did read something online on the history of bluestone quarries in the catskills and I think I came across the one by Pecoy Notch..

Jay

Patches???? We Do need stinking patches!

It is true - I am out of patches. Part of the funds from the decals will pay for another batch of patches. The problem is that I have about 325 decals left out of 500.

When I can sell off more of the decals, I will order another set of patches.

Thanks!

- darren

New patch design?

I hope you come up with a new patch design so these older ones remain unique and sought after... otherwise I'm selling mine right now.

Any bids? going once, going twice, going...

For Sale

No new design???

4 VFTT Patches for sale... anyone? BO? Going once, going twice, going.... :eek:

Second hand selling here kinda defeats the purpose of buying them in the first place, don't it? (i.e. supporting the website and the Brain Tumor Society.)

I was supposed to buy some months ago, and I want decals and patches so you'll be getting my order soon!

Hope everyone is having a more productive end of summer than I!

Keep Hiking,

Josh

Although, if the patches are going to be a while, I may take you up on the offer, paul ron.

I support Darren's cause fully otherwise I wouldn't have an extra patch waiting to be mounted on my new day pack. My extras really aren't for sale, I was only joking. But, if you really need one, absolutely must have one, can't live without one... I will gladly give it to you for the asking, it has already done it's job.

I'll just buy more when they are available again. They are worthless anyway since there aren't going to be any new designs comming anytime soon to make these more desireable and dated to it's issued event. How about a typo on the next batch? change of color? add a tree? Something different?

Paul Ron wrote:
They are worthless anyway since there aren't going to be any new designs comming anytime soon to make these more desireable and dated to it's issued event. How about a typo on the next batch?

So instead of VFTT it could be VFFT? :D :D :D :D

HAHAHAHAHahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha a a a a a

Very Far From There

I was looking up some things just now, and I stumbled across this thread. I know this discussion dates from years ago, but what happened after this conversation left off? Were those remaining VFTT decals ever sold? Was that second batch of VFTT patches ever produced?

I haven't heard of a stock of patches for years. Sadly TeeJay was the person who was the keeper of the stickers and I expect with his passing last year that what inventory he had probably got cleaned out with the estate clean up.

It was a minor annoyance to him that he had fronted the cash for a batch of stickers as everyone on line stated them wanted one but once he had them people rarely bought them. I think he would bring a batch of them to the Pat and Audrey's to try to unload them.

I had offered to do an online design where you could order your own, pay for it yourself, and have it delivered. Still can, but I expect, like last time, interest would be quite low. Mugs, patches, stickers, t-shirts, etc.

Tim

I would vote for a car magnet rather than a sticker if there was enough interest. Stickers are hard to clean up once they get worn out by weather.