Wallface

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phelps

Reaction score
Looking for information regarding Wallface. Hoping to climb 8/21/04 & 8/22/04. Ray Brook Ranger Station said the routes were open but was wondering if there are any legal campsites near the cliffs...preferably with water near by. Was also wondering the condition of the rock face and if any special equipment needed other than the usual. Thanks

A lot of climbers use Wallface Lean-to. It is the last LT before the Cliffs coming in from Upper Works.

Met some climbers there about a month ago (on the Indian Pass trail) they said the wet summer was making things a little tricky, but they weren't going for the hardcore routes like the Mental Blocks. Not a climber, so that's the best i can do...

I've been on Wallface a couple times. A lot of the answers to your questions depend on the route you choose. I would expect everythng to be wetter than usual, as mentioned in the earlier reply. I can tell you that the upper chimney of No Man's has become very mossy and unpleasant. I was on Rubicon a couple years ago and it was pretty clean. Equipment needs will depend completely on route choice. Good luck and be safe!

There are a few good camping spots at the height of land just before the bushwack towards the face. I have climbed it twice, via Weissner and Diagonal. Watch for loose rock, especially near the top. I hiked down the first time and rappelled the second. I recommend rapping off, as there were good rap anchors set up for double ropes (as of 10/03). Have a great climb.