The Best Views Of Washington Are From Pierce

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's one cute face in that avatar Tom, I'm so glad you use that picture and not one of yourself.

No arguments here, brother. I've always known he's the brains, brawn and beauty of this duo. Now with Ruth on board, I'm pushed even further down the totem pole.

Alas, Ed, she's been held back in Texas by the economy. She'd planned to be here at the beginning of August. Unfortunately puppy sales and cattle pricing have not been great. She's very picky about placing her pups and needed to get rid of all of them before heading up here. That's finally done and the last of the cattle are just now getting shipped out. She will be here soon and she'll join Atti and me during our fundraising hikes this winter. Should be fun!

I'm sure she'll do fine with the winter hiking, but I don't think she'll be ready for a White Mountain April. In Texas, when the calendar says spring, it is spring. Here, when the calendar says spring, it's still winter. So to combat that (and the lack of light which she will not be used to) we'll try to do the 48 in winter for Angell and then we're taking a house in Key West for the month of April.

Last edited:
then we're renting a house in Key West for the month of April.

Hey Tom do you see all that green below. That's not Lauky jealous of Atticus, that's me green with envy thinking about your month in Key West.
Healing_Green_Pat1.gif

When you think about it though, if Hemingway could do it, why not Tom Ryan? But watch it, we're keeping an eye out for you. :)

And let's not forget the view from Isolation, which is one of my favorites.

Yes Iso's one of my very favorite 4000 footers! And every time I have been there I have had the full view ... that's part of why I decided to cancel my trip there today. I can't imagine going there if the view is erased. I like Davis more though because being a little more back gives a better perspective.