Whatever happened to Hikers Who Ski

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First rule of Hikers who Ski:
1- You don't talk about Hikers who Ski

Oh Sabrina
:rolleyes:

Yeah like the "trends in recreation" thread; they're all driving snowmobiles now...

Does anyone remember who created it?
Have any user accounts been deleted this past summer? Could that have caused the collateral damage of eliminating the social group (since it can't be owned by a guest)?

They're all too old to ski n now snowshoe.

YES Sabrina, unfortunately this is true.

The bones are fragile, ligaments and tendons tear easily.
Each time you go to the gym you sustain a new injury.
We are visiting the chiropractor and doing PT so we can't afford the lift tickets even if we could ski.
Arthritis rules and each step we take is cause for celebration. Ice bags, heating pads, and non-steroidals are our new best friends.
It's like the saying goes"Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened!"
Frankly I am still in shock and denial. You must always keep in mind to keep going because if you stop you might not be able to start up again.

I keep dreaming of skiing some greenies midweek at a nice small family ski area. Outer limits and "MAD RIVER GLEN-SKI IT IF YOU CAN" are no longer an option. :(
Very sad indeed. Fortunately hiking easier terrain with less mileage is still an option, as is snowshoeing.

Please feel free to start up the social group again so I can read it and drool.

YES Sabrina, unfortunately this is true.

The bones are fragile, ligaments and tendons tear easily.
Each time you go to the gym you sustain a new injury.
We are visiting the chiropractor and doing PT so we can't afford the lift tickets even if we could ski.
Arthritis rules and each step we take is cause for celebration. Ice bags, heating pads, and non-steroidals are our new best friends.
It's like the saying goes"Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened!"
Frankly I am still in shock and denial. You must always keep in mind to keep going because if you stop you might not be able to start up again.

I keep dreaming of skiing some greenies midweek at a nice small family ski area. Outer limits and "MAD RIVER GLEN-SKI IT IF YOU CAN" are no longer an option. :(
Very sad indeed. Fortunately hiking easier terrain with less mileage is still an option, as is snowshoeing.

Please feel free to start up the social group again so I can read it and drool.

Wow, this is all painfully close to home! And here I thought I was on the end of the curve.

But we persist...

Keeping a good thought,

--Mike