VFTT winter gathering 2010?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, Gig, stop being so modest. After all, it was YOU who got ME up Rainier ;) So yes, you CAN do ANYTHING.

As I see it, Gig has this under control:
1) He is making sure that Dax comes when he picks her up at ManchVegas (what happens in ManchVegas...) :eek:
2) He will forever be known as the TFW hound for singlehandedly breaking out trail after every dusting this winter.
3) Will attempt to break the Barnes Field winter campfire record of 69 attendees (read what you will into that one). :rolleyes:
4) May, or may not attend the Winter Gathering (like we all know there is a better chance of me summitting K2 than Giggy missing this party)
5) Will have a beer at said Gathering. Well, at least one.

Gig: just embrace it. You are now a member of the Winter Gathering Organizer Fraternity. High honor indeed. What time should I get there? I was planning to be in NH that weekend anyway :D

The other 90% should not lose faith, they'll soon learn what a terrific guy you are ... and you've managed to convince the top 10% with only 2,564 posts ...
Yeah, he better be organizing. I already sent him money for the site! Maybe he just needs more gushing adoration like most celebrities do. Giggy is organizing this event and that's that. Don't even listen to what Giggy says -- he's just being a drama queen!

-Dr. Wu

Ok - not sure who got the joke and who didn't. It was funny while it lasted for sure, but if anyone actually thinks I am organizing this - just a FYI - I am not. I am not driving up early friday to get any spots, etc...

I think 90% realize this was some joking going on here, but there was probably 10% that think I am organizing, paying for all food, and sites.. :D

At best, I am tentaive for attending, never mind organizing.

So what are you trying to say?

And thanks again for organizing this...

But seriously...

Coldfeet and teejay,
Pat and Marge and I are going up Friday morning, staying at the Town and Country. So, if there are only 5 of us, fine! But I'd be inclined to do dinner in town and post-dinner refreshments at the hotel.
5 people standing around in Barnes Field would look so forlorn!

I've never hiked the southernmost Mahoosuc trails...

Sorry but I can't make it....need to switch weekends off for the next week...going on an engagement hike with 2 very nice people the next weekend it the Cats....gotta take the bagel orders...

Sorry but I can't make it....need to switch weekends off for the next week...going on an engagement hike with 2 very nice people the next weekend it the Cats....gotta take the bagel orders...

Ok coldfeet, I think this will make it the smallest winter gathering in history...but, I'll take a long weekend up north any time!

Ok coldfeet, I think this will make it the smallest winter gathering in history...but, I'll take a long weekend up north any time!

I'm still trying to figure out which weekend we're talking about? I'll be in N Conway the weekend of Jan 15/16 - is that it?

Hi Audrey

Maybe I should come join you. Pat, Audrey and Marge- will you be hiking something I am capable of?

Wow, I disappear for a few months and when I return I find out Giggy is single handedly organizing the Winter Gathering AND paying everybody's fees AND providing all the beer AND getting the bands (and probably the generator truck, too) AND serving as master of ceremonies AND leading TFW hikes on all three days.

COOL!!!! I might have to get all my homework done beforehand and head up there Saturday. But Monday morning I'll have to change my trend, and be sweet, uh, well, let's just skip to back in class again.

Been missing you all.