Whie Mountain Guide Collection Auction

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
I have nothing to do with this Ebay auction but thought some collectors might be interested in it for reference value. Kind of cuts out the fun of finding them!. Sounds like a lot but considering that the 1st edition is starting to go for $1000 plus and the earlier editions go in the hundreds, the price is not that far out of the market values from last few years.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMC-White-Mount...tZAntiquarian_Collectible?hash=item25574388b7

Contrary to my expectations, the auction market has really dried up of WMG auctions of late.

Memorabilia better than equities

In a Philadelphia Inquirer article about the auction of Curt Flood's memorabilia in Louisville tomorrow, the auctioneer said "a company could fail but Babe Ruth's bat, while its value may fluctuate, will still be Babe Ruth's bat in the morning."

I think the price of Logging Railroads of the White Mountains has risen from about $25 to over $100 in the past five years.

These books, they're not making any more of them. Search attics!