Peekamoose Table (Peekamoose) 11/14

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Rankin

Reaction score
Laurie was finally feeling up to trying a hike, after suffering with pneumonia for several weeks. We started out around 8:30, with some usual suspects, such as Haydk and his wife, and Paula R. We had just a tiny amount of rain falling on us, and of course the trees were wet, so we were not exactly dry, but never really drenched either. We went slowly, with Laurie stopping frequently for a breather. No one really minded, as we were actually making decent time. We made the usual stops at Reconnoiter Rock, and the view ledges before the Peek summit, but we saw nothing but a few rain drops and fog. :(

Again, at the summit rock, the views were quite limited. ;) As soon as the group arrived at the Peek summit, I bolted for Table. Actually I bolted for the Bouton Lean-to. I had a log book to replace and a mission to clean up the lean-to. Fortunately, the lean-to was spick-n-span! Thanks everyone! :D

Just as I got back up to the summit of Table, the rest of the group arrived. We took a brief break here and at the top of Peek again, and then we pretty much walked non-stop back to the cars, with very brief water/gear-change/nature breaks. The Sun actually threatened to break out a few times on the way down, but it never quite did clear up. We were done by 2:45, and we decided to hit Brio's, where we met up with Jay, The Swede, Maria, Viewseeker, Hoosier-daddy, 1Adam12, and one or 2 others, sorry if I forgot anyone! :eek: