Presidential Undercast, 11/15/2009

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LRiz

Reaction score
Yesterday's visit to the Presidentials was undertaken strictly as a peakbagging mission. The weather forecast called for fog and drizzle, and we were wholly expecting to be stuck in a cloud for the majority of our hike.

However, upon hitting the ridge we were suddenly faced with some of the most tremendous undercast I've ever encountered. Although the clouds quickly engulfed us on our way up Adams - and did not break until our descent from Monroe - it was a tradeoff I was willing to make.

The ever-changing nature of the mountains, and the views that we witness from their summits, never cease(s) to amaze me.

Simplicity is the ultimate beauty in your pieces. Thanks for sharing the sublimity!

Wow!

I think of all the things the mountains give us the undercast might be my favorite! Splendid capture of the day! Thanks for sharing with us!

KDT

Larissa, I think you go pic-bagging in the mountains every time you hike! Nice eye for quality shots and composition. Love the one with the Lakes Hut looking west, almost looks like oceanfront property instead of lakefront! Thanks for sharing your adventures!;)