Snowshoes - MSR Lightning Ascent vs. Atlas 10 series

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered a pair of the Tubbs Flex Alps online. I checked them out in REI first, they have the aggressive crampon style of the MSRs, with the much more convenient binding system seen on other Tubbs models. I can't say for sure because I haven't used them yet, but I think this is going to be the snowshoe of choice. For me, that is. :D I've enjoyed my MSR Denali Evo Ascents but I don't like the bindings...they take too long to put on because of all the straps.

Cant wait to use my Flex Alps this winter. I too dislike the bindings on my Denali EVO Ascents.

I just ordered a pair of the Tubbs Flex Alps online.
Cant wait to use my Flex Alps this winter. I too dislike the bindings on my Denali EVO Ascents.
These snowshoes are specifically why I said "of last years models". They look like copy cats with all the improvements over the Denalis. More flexible deck the traction extends further forward and back and the under forefoot crampon looks deeper and pretty durable.

If I was going to buy some I'd actually consider buying the womens version because they are the same size as the regular Denalis which are fine for under 200lbs in most conditions. Oh, and I like blue better than orange.:)

good golly

Is that a typo on the Tubbs site, or do the Flex Alps really weigh 4.4 lbs? For a 24" snowshoe?

I hope this isn't the trend of snowshoes to come. ;)

They do look grippy, though!

Is that a typo on the Tubbs site, or do the Flex Alps really weigh 4.4 lbs? For a 24" snowshoe?
Well the womens..ahem, cough blue ones weigh 4.0 lbs and are 22 inches! It seems like they want an exact comparison to the MSRs.

I hope this isn't the trend of snowshoes to come. ;)
I'm trying to build strength for the coming season and making sure to get my nutrients. Got Smoothie?