A Real Corker Coming This Week?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snowing heavily (8-12" predicted) with gusty winds, still cold, winds predicted to max out at 35-50 mph later today.
Several power outtages in this area in the last two weeks, which probably means the power company is behind on maintenance this year, so the candles are ready.

Snowing heavily (8-12" predicted) with gusty winds, still cold, winds predicted to max out at 35-50 mph later today.
Several power outtages in this area in the last two weeks, which probably means the power company is behind on maintenance this year, so the candles are ready.
A reminder to those living in NHEC territory ... they have an outage map. Will be checking it tomorrow to decide whether to return to Thornton or hibernate in Brookline (MA, not NH, for those who know that we have two Brooklines :p).

Started snowing at about 6am at 1500 feet in Waterville Valley, snowed lightly and has moved on to moderate snow now. Breezes are still light on the valley floor. Accumulations look to be about 2-3" as of 10am Wednesday 12/9.

As of 11 AM, it's cranking here in East Hardwick, VT. I'd say we've picked up around 2-3" thus far, but there have been some ferocious gusts pushing it all around so it's not easy to tell for sure. That's over a base of maybe 4" from showers & such earlier this week. I got out my boards & skied a couple miles up & down my road before the plow got to it -- first of the year.

Welcome back, winter.

Montreal weather situation:

Snowing hard, 8-12 inches expected and then we will enjoy half an inch of rain with winds gusting to 40 mph. All followed by freezing temperatures. Doesn't that sound sweet?

10"+ on the yardstick here in SW NH! And it only started snowing hard after 7am.

Gee, do you think that we've been starving for snow?

I know.

I was on an AMC hike a few years ago and said that I lived in Brookline. One of the participants said "That's a lovely village". Seeing my :confused: she quickly asked me which Brookline I was from!

On trips along 101 I have noticed exits to Brookline.

I bought a bridge in Brookline many years ago...

Heavy outage in Lincoln (1,317 households affected), minimal in Woodstock (less than 10 affected) in my neck of the woods.

Radar (viewed from Brookline) suggests that at 1:30 the storm is by and large over. How do things look out of the window?

9.5" in my driveway, Tamworth (NH; not England, not Australia). Still snowing strong inspite of the fact the radar says the tail end just passed us.

Nice, dry snow, but dense.