which controversial topics are you willing to stop commenting on ?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I pledge to not flame comment on the following subject...

• Cell phone use on the trail

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • Alcohol use on the trail

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Global Warming/Climate Change

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • Hunters vs Animals Rights

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • The AMC/Sierra Club/etc

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • MSR snowshoes

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • dogs on the trail

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • lost hiker fines

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • taking children/infants into the mountains

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Screw you, man, it's all good

Votes: 32 51.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Neil, I'd like to see a thread on dogs vs GPS myself. Although to me I already know the clear winner of that one.

I usually stay away from hot button topics because I only participate in the forums for fun and evasion.
yep, ditto.

I take exception to you quoting me like that without getting my authorization first.

And that reminds me of another grievance I have...

I understand Chomp and Giggy don't care for the AMC and they understand I don't have a problem with it. Doesn't mean we wouldn't hike together and hoist a few beers.

Correct.

There is no one on this forum that I'm sure if I look close enough I would not agree with on some subject. That is why I would tend to focus on the things that I have in common with these people and am sure that I would enjoy any meeting that I had in the woods with them or in most social gatherings.

Those that I disagree with and can find absolutely no common ground I would quietly sneak up behind, give them a swift kick in the gonads, light them on fire and then give them another swift kick in the gonads then beating a hasty retreat. :p:eek: Fortunately, so far, I haven't found anyone that I haven't had some common ground with, so actually, I haven't attempted to put this plan into practice. ;):D

Keith

SAR-EMT40 said:
Those that I disagree with and can find absolutely no common ground I would quietly sneak up behind, give them a swift kick in the gonads, light them on fire and then give them another swift kick in the gonads then beating a hasty retreat. :p:eek:

The second swift kick in the gonads would be for...what, exactly? :confused:

Chip said:
Those are the types of comments I'm referring to. I understand Chomp and Giggy don't care for the AMC and they understand I don't have a problem with it. Doesn't mean we wouldn't hike together and hoist a few beers.

That's because you guys can "disagree without being disagreeable" which seems like most people on VFTT have a reasonably good handle on.

cbcbd said:
People who aren't afraid to express their opinions are interesting. People who skirt every controversial topic because they don't want to offend are boring

^^^Iz troo.

But, there's a difference between vigorously expressing an opinion and being an a-hole. I try to stay on the right side of that line (most of the time....) ;)

If anybody thinks the "controversial" topic discussions get heated over here, just for grins, go over to SummitPost or rockclimbing.com sometime... :rolleyes:

But, there's a difference between vigorously expressing an opinion and being an a-hole. I try to stay on the right side of that line (most of the time....) ;)
I agree. I have no tolerance for overly passionate ignorant a-holes. I just walk away from those.

I voted for "it's all good," minus the "screw you" part. (Just did yoga and feeling nice 'n mellow.) ;)

"That's because you guys can "disagree without being disagreeable" which seems like most people on VFTT have a reasonably good handle on."

The moderators truly appreciate long periods of calm. ;)

I think this is an utterly useless thread.

The reason being is that it's a thread about threads, a meta thread, and it serves no purpose in maintaining the forward momentum of information and knowledge. It's merely a back eddy, with pine needles and cigarette butts swirling around.

The only reason I post on it is to attempt to divert people's attention away from it and towards the more worthwhile threads that discuss more riveting subject matter such as:

What is your dog's religion?