So, what'd you get?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My son gave me the WODC Sandwich Range map. Boy! That is a beautiful map! Thanks Sam
Bob

socks, and raised relief maps of Maine, and NH/VT to put pins in to keep track of where I go.:cool:

Cool!

I've got a raised relief (formerly known as the awesome-3D-plastic-map/model-thing) map of RMNP and find it to be much more wall-friendly than topo maps.

I must've been good, because Santa (aka Mrs. Pilgrim) got me what I asked for: REI Flash 65 pack, to replace the pack that I destroyed on a disaster backpack trip in August.

Got a lot of functional, "mature" (read: boring but good to have) presents. However, a few people really came through. My younger brothers got me a set of Metolius rock ring training holds and my and and uncle got me my first ever pair of climbing shoes, Red Chili Spirits. I'm pumped.

No 'poons...? :confused:

(USPS sez they were delivered on Xmas Eve...maybe the fat man in the red suit needed a little extra traction for the rest of his rounds and boosted 'em? Lemme know.)

I scored pretty well...

From my brother: two 24" snow pickets
From my father: TNF Base Camp duffel bag
From my son: a new Nalgene bottle (replacing the one he lost at baseball practice this summer)
From my daughter: heavyweight Smartwool sox
From SWMBO: BD ice screw (Chip, there's a joke in there for you somewhere about her wanting me to use protection :eek:)
From Santa: a stocking full of Gu, Clif Bars, handwarmers and the like

HO-HO-HO, Rainier here I come! ;)

No 'poons...? :confused:

(USPS sez they were delivered on Xmas Eve...maybe the fat man in the red suit needed a little extra traction for the rest of his rounds and boosted 'em? Lemme know.)

I scored pretty well...

From my brother: two 24" snow pickets
From my father: TNF Base Camp duffel bag
From my son: a new Nalgene bottle (replacing the one he lost at baseball practice this summer)
From my daughter: heavyweight Smartwool sox
From SWMBO: BD ice screw (Chip, there's a joke in there for you somewhere about her wanting me to use protection :eek:)
From Santa: a stocking full of Gu, Clif Bars, handwarmers and the like

HO-HO-HO, Rainier here I come! ;)

Nice haul!

The poons came. Thanks. Any luck finding the check?

I'm Jealous!

I see a lot of sweet items in this thread. All I got was a freeze dried ice cream sandwich. It expires in about 12 years. I wonder if I'll get brave enough to try it before then ;-)

Or, I suppose I can re-gift it in next year's Yankee Swap!

I got:

"Adirondack Trails with Tales"

Historic hikes through the Adirondack Park and the Lake George, Lake Champlain & Mohawk Vally Regions

by Dunn & Delaney

:cool:

From SWMBO: BD ice screw (Chip, there's a joke in there for you somewhere about her wanting me to use protection).

:eek: Dude, if you guys are using Ice Screws for protection there are issues there far outside my areas of expertise !

I need some bad pun assists from Paradox on this one also...

Three days skiing at Sugarloaf (along with a great condo and hot tub)

An REI giftcard

A one hour massage coupon

Several nice bottles of wine

A very handy sunglass case for the Mini

:D

I'm veeeeery good to Santa....

Presents!!!

Christmas is a really stressful holiday and can be a huge pain in the rear, but it does have some a few redeeming qualities. Namely presents.

I got the book Haunted Hikes of NH, a LaCrosse anemometer and a cool hand dyed batik handkerchief. and a bottle of godiva white chocolate liqueur:)

Last edited:
I got a snow & nealley double bit axe, a new coffee mug, and some nice work mittens.

SNOW-and-NEALLEY-Our-BEN_i_bmm97264web.jpg

Between April and December I worked my tail off to shed 30 pounds and get myself a new physique that I can be proud of, and my wife rewarded me with some new clothes that flatter my slimmer frame. Woo Hoo!

This year I set up a skating rink in the backyard so the kids (3 and 7) can learn/practice skating anytime they feel like it. It's a fair amount of work to keep it maintained but they use it almost every day and the smiles on their faces makes it worth it. One evening while gliding around under the floodlights in 8 degree temps, my 3 y/o daughter grabbed my leg in a big bear-hug and said "This is the BEST Christmas EVER!" That was better than any present anyone could have given me.

A coupon good for one free Search & Rescue. I can't wait to use it this weekend!