I like wearing heels

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HockeyPuck

Reaction score
Now that I have your attention as Monty Python's Lumberjack song echos in your head, I'm a huge fan of the MSR heel lifters (they make my calf muscles look great) however found they are causing blisters.

On ascent without lifters my achilles is stretched and comfortable, on descent my heel is fairly tight with minimal movement in my boot and comfortable. When using the heel lifters the skin surrounding my achilles tendon compresses and widens. The slight difference in skin width as my achilles tendon expands and contracts causes rubbing against my boot and the blisters.

Has anyone else encountered this and how was it resolved?

...On ascent without lifters my achilles is stretched and comfortable, on descent my heel is fairly tight with minimal movement in my boot and comfortable. When using the heel lifters the skin surrounding my achilles tendon compresses and widens. The slight difference in skin width as my achilles tendon expands and contracts causes rubbing against my boot and the blisters...

I'm confused. If your achilles is comfortable on the ascent without using the televators, then why use them? I thought the whole point of those things was to reduce the strain on the achilles. I like the televators and use them for that very reason. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post. Having said that, given the choice, I'll take blisters any day over a painful achilles. Maybe use moleskin or just deal with a few cycles of blisters until the skin toughens up.

Apologies for the confusion, I'd prefer to use the televators. They definitely reduce the strain on my leg muscles however the blisters incur. I'd like the best of both worlds with the capability of using the heels without the side effects of the blisters.