Mack and Klem

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KRobi

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good parking/starting point to do Klem and Mack in the Belknaps in winter. The summer lot off of Bickford rd. is not plowed and Bickford has no other parking.

you could access them from gunstock ski area via the trail to round pond. the only thing i'm not sure of is if that access is allowed when the cross country ski trails are open. i've only done it when the ski area was closed.
i have also never hiked from the scout camp on the other side of the range, but that might be an option in winter.
i believe rocket 21 knows a lot about the belknaps. he would probably have good advice for you.

bryan

Last edited:
From Griswold Scout Reservation

It's about three miles to Round Pond from Hidden Valley Scout Camp, two if the road to Camp Bell is open. It is basically a road walk to the pond. Hidden Valley is used year round and most of the main roads are open. You can call the office at Dan'l Webster Council and they should be able to give you some info. 603.625.6431
Bob