NH48 Winter Record Attempt 1/16/10 -

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Midwest to east?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGEarl View Post
Are you a planning north-south traverse?

Yep, starting from the north from Appalachia around 6am.....

I hope to do 1 or 2 climbs in the Whites this coming week. Hope I can track something for you. Maybe Garfield to Galehead. This sounds so exciting, I already logged into the InstaMapper-GPS Tracking site! Mats, I think you're confused. The InstaMapper site shows you starting just west of Minneapolis. Just thought you should know, just tryin' to be a helpful observer. :D

"The third time is the charm"

In the UK, the phrase is "third time lucky"

(Perhaps Mats can fill us in on any Swedish equivalents) :D

Third time with three people....would that make it nine days?

In Sweden we say "Tredje gången gillt" for "third time lucky" :)

Forecast is looking good early on......if too cold and windy Saturday we start with Isolation and Wildcat-Moriah........the arctic blasts might be our primary challenge this time......

Looking forward to get on the trail with hard men Jason and Farmer.......well prepared they are.....(Yoda voice)

I heard this trip is pants optional?

Do you guys have any rough outline of the possible day breakdowns? Obviously all depends on weather and what happened previous days but I'm just curious if you changed any possible groupings?

ColdRiverRun I heard this trip is pants optional?

Do you guys have any rough outline of the possible day breakdowns? Obviously all depends on weather and what happened previous days but I'm just curious if you changed any possible groupings?

corey, why are you dackers so nosey? :D

i can't speak for mats and jason. but i will not be wearing pants

Farmer glad you found a way to bring Sasquatch with you in spirit- nice pic!

I look forward to celebrating with you guys when you finish- I'll make cookies.:)

Last edited:
I heard this trip is pants optional?

The grouping's sorta different. Basically, we're just gonna look here each morning, see what's broken out, and go from there.*

I've been telling Mats & Ryan for a month now that I'm just gonna be around to help out with the "cooler days". Somehow, though, I'm now getting food and gear organized for a week plus of 12-16 hour days. How did this happen? I blame it on Jacqueline Williams.

Pants optional...it's what's on the inside that counts.

Last edited:
Sasquatch was supposed to be with us on this but hoping he will be recover quickly and be hiking with us soon again:)

As Jason said......we make decisions day by day. We can always make a plan but it won't likely be what will actually happen.......

But it's soo much fun to plan :D

Saturday: Isolation, Wildcat-Moriah
Sunday: Pressie Traverse (a bit warmer than Saturday it seems)
Monday: Garfield-Franconia Ridge-Owl's Head traverse
Tuesday: Cabot, Waumbeck, Carrigain
Wednesday: Cannon, Hale, Tom, Field, Willey
Thursday: Bonds-Zealand-Twins-Galehead traverse
Friday: Kinsman's, Osceola's, Hancocks
Saturday: Moosilauke, Tecumseh, Tripyramids-Kate Sleeper-Whiteface-Passaconnaway
Sunday: Reserve day
Monday: Reserve day

Just don't make any plans according to this schedule ;)

As Jason said.....the pants doesn't matter....it's the inside:
maluch_pro_44.jpg

. Basically, we're just gonna look here each morning, see what's broken out, and go from there.

you sure that is a good idea? im concerned about the groups safety. i heard from a friend that there has been some bogus reports written.......
what if you get to tecumseh and its not broken out?