ADK Winter Climbers Dinner Gathering XIII March 27, 2010

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkL

Reaction score
Canton, NY. Avatar: Mt. Washington in Winter:
Adirondack winter climbers dinner Gathering XIII
Save the date: Saturday, March 27, 2010

Social Hour (cash bar) from 5-6. The fabulous Buffet Dinner is served at 6 pm. The dinner includes FOUR main dishes-beef, chicken, fish and vegetarian lasagna, as well as soup, salad, green beans, potatoes, desserts and coffee/tea/milk for $31, kids 4-12 are $15.00. Price includes the tip.
We must have at least 60 people to get this price.

Payments are due early due to Crowne Plaza policy. Send checks made out to
“ADK 46r’s” by Wednesday, March 10, 2010 to:
Peggy MacKellar
165 Elm Street
Lake Placid, NY 12946

This is for aspiring Winter 46ers, those who have completed it, those who have climbed some but don't want to do them all, and any friends and family who want a further glimpse into this world.

Payment extension, slide show

I just heard from Peggy,
Reservations as of 3/10 were running way below previous years. She, or she and the Crowne Plaze have extended the date til 3/20. So if you couldn't commit by the 10th, here's a chance.
-
I should have passed this on earlier:
[from Peggy]I wanted to let you all know that Bob Collins, who founded the Roch. Winter Mountaineering Society in 1966 will be presenting a slide show and telling some stories of how winter 46ing used to be. I am hoping some of you who finished all those years ago will try to attend the Gathering and reminisce with us. Please let any other winter 46rs from your eras know about the dinner. I hope to see you all there! Peggy MacKellar

I'll be in LP Saturday/tomorrow (LPP&B for dinner... hint-hint) and drop off, or mail, my check then. ;)

bring name tags

I forgot to mention this earlier. If you have an old name tag or button from a previous 46er meeting, or even a Trekkie convention you once attended, please bring it. It will make it easier for people to find and meet you. It would be even more helpful to print your forum name on it. However, I see no practical purpose in printing your name in Klingon.