Kinsman Notch, Moosilauke and South Peak

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dangergirl

Reaction score
So Don and I headed up to Kinsman notch on Saturday to do some climbing. We attempted one climb called the Luck of the Irish and ended up bagging it due to conditions. It was kind of hollow and we aren't super climbers yet so we found another climb just past it. It was a bit sketchy due to conditions but it sure was fun! Don did a great job leading as usual and we headed out to go meet Joe and Karen at the cabin off of Glencliff trail.
To our surprise the cabin was awesome! It had a great view, a woodstove and a super comfy layout! It was super windy and cold that night but we were comfy and warm in the cabin! Such a treat when compared to our usual tent epics!
The four of us spent the night and then headed up the Glencliff trail to hike Mousilauke. It was very cold out that day. We had a beautiful hike up to above treeline where we were given spectacular views and amazing skies! The summit was extremely windy and cold but we had tons of visibility! It was awesome! We snapped a couple of quick pics before heading down into the trees to hide from the wind. We bagged South Peak real quick and then made our way back down the trail. Joe and Karen were smart enough to bring sleds and they slid down the trail near the cabin back to the car. We were treated to an amazing sunset when we came out into the first field and stopped to take some pictures! It was a great weekend!
Here are the pics, there were some really nice one! Finally we had a view!!!! :Dhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/kfolcik/sets/72157623065048345/

I always look forward to the photos from your winter hikes Kristina. These were no exception. Fantastic sunset shots. Cabin looks like it was a great option. Pretty much the perfect winter weekend.

thank you! Winter is the time of year that I come out of hibernation! It is always exciting and always beautiful! I love to look at everyones pictures and trip reports on this forum! Such an inspiration!

No Doc Benton stories this time! As for the summer months, I just don't enjoy them like I enjoy the winter! Ultramarathons are a great way to pass the time and it makes for funny stories of stupid things you have done in your life when you are old.