The Winter 48 in About a Week

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The record is kinda cool. But records are made to be broken.
What's really impressive is the "Passaconaway Salute"
Be a long tome before anyone can top that.

They PASSED something alright :D. Ryan probably will try to break it again after he set the new WH2H record.

Congratulations team Shake and Bake, this amazing quest began with a great plan and was completed with killer execution, outstanding team work!

Here are few pictures from the hancocks hike.

Last edited:
Just an amazing feat (feet?) Everything came together for you guys. A great hiking team, awesome support and cooperative weather. Congrats to everyone who had a hand in the record setting.

The record is kinda cool. But records are made to be broken.
What's really impressive is the "Passaconaway Salute"
Be a long tome before anyone can top that.

Or as a Wise Man might have said:

"The wind, like the record, must be broken"

Ryan Welts ... a 29-year-old Milford resident ... began hiking two years ago to lose weight. When that wasn’t happening quickly enough, he began running and then running mountains. Since then, he has dropped 80 pounds and runs ultra marathons

I was impressed before but WOW I am very impressed now. It's always amazing what one can do when motivated.

(Edit: as a side note I found it interesting that in as of 2008 only 409 had done the peaks in winter - I guess I was thinking the number would have been higher.)

Last edited: