Monadnock Question

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike P.

Reaction score
Anyone know the parking logistics for the Old Toll Road Halfway House lot?
Open & plowed, closed & plowed or closed & passable. It's been a few years for a winter trip there & if my aging memory serves me, it was not officially maintained but conditions usually allowed it to be used.

Heading there tomorrow, it's my preferred route in winter but I'm okay going from the park HQ. It's been years (15 or 16 I think) since I've been there so I guess paying again to park would be okay.

It's been partially plowed when I've used it in the winter the last few years. Hopefully, some one with up-to-date info will chime in.
I agree about the trails leaving from there. White Arrow with its upper, open formations is spectacular in the winter.

Officially Closed But...

The OTR parking lot is officially closed and not maintained in winter. However, the access road to the private home is plowed and as a consequence there is some limited parking (do NOT block the gate).

I'll be climbing there tomorrow (Sat.) and will post a trail conditions report. We had rain earlier in the week, then freezing conditions, then a little snow yesterday, so... who knows?

- Monadnock Volunteer (aka Steve)

Thanks, I've been a few times that way so I know to not block the gate.

Steve, which way are you heading up?

If you do head up Monadnock tomorrow, please be sure to post a conditions report -- we may head up there on Monday. Thanks!

and no bogus reports- that is not funny and could be dangerous if it's not plowed out as reported!!!

Kerry, looking at probably starting about 10:00 but ifthings change, I'll try & find you.

bogus reports for the parking lot, gee, my friend the tow truck man needs the work!:D

Thanks for the trail conditions post -- much appreciated!

You parked at the headquarters, right?

(Is the HQ open at this time of year and is there a fee for parking? Jusssssst checkin'...thanks!)

It's open and it's $4: money well spent since that is the main source of income for the Park.