Big Bonfire Band Jam Springfling.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UNFROZENCAVEMAN

Reaction score
Yup, the date has been set for the next big bonfire band jam pallet burning festival :D

What: See above!
When: 3.19.10-3.21.10
Where: "The Cave", 373 Bailey Hill Road, Proctorsville, VT 05153
Details are as follows:

I like fire, a lot. I like live music, a lot. I like drinking beer...you get the picture!

Come out and play with us in VT for a weekend of hiking, sledding, eating, shooting guns, drinkin beer, and dancing to live music courtesy of Grey Knob and The Bluffs, along with special guest appearance Stereogrove http://stereogrove.com/ out of Boston, MA!

The "usual" weekend itinerary will apply:

Friday night - people roll into town, eat out or order in - whatever people want. The band gets "warmed up" we have a small fire out back.
Saturday - recreate! Hike, go sledding, shoot guns, drink...whatever your fancy, possibly an acoustical jam outside by the fire pit (weather depending).
Saturday night - potluck dinner, the band tears it up, and the fire gets turned way up!
Sunday - wake up hungover and eat breakfast, do something if you feel like it or not if you don't, head home eventually.

If you're new to this annual event there is plenty of parking and a big field to camp in. If you'd rather stay inside there is a dry, carpeted basement to crash in. Everyone is welcome, feel free to invite friends.

Last edited:
This is always a great time, so I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for planning this again.

Here's a pic of the fire from last year:

bonfire.jpg

Watch Out "Burning Man"! The cave people are gonna outdo you!

Hmmm, If Marc H. shows up we can have "Dueling Pyros!" :eek:

Oh and UFC, be sure to have more of those lighted Frisbees - I think that Ferris really enjoys them (snicker)

-Steve

Marc was there last year, he, uhh, got a little crazy throwing pallets on the fire Friday night, I had to shut him off actually!

Oh, and there'll be be frisbees there, thinking of having snowshoe whiffle ball too if we get/have any snow...

Would love to go. I met the unfrozen caveman for the first time during the VT50 2009. All those who were part of team Shake and Bake showed up, drank, burned some pallets and ate some of Darlenes home cooking. It was a great night and I met some great folks.

Hope to see everyone there. ;)

John

Am I on the list?

If not, put me on it. It'll be my birthday present to myself. Plus, I can get the frame to my cot that I left behind last time, and my microspikes that I left in Leaf's car. Unh, why were my microspikes in your car Leaf? Refresh my memory please.

Is it OK to talk hiking in this thread? Don't wanna be a threadjacker.

Thinking of a big hike on Friday (last year was a Presi Traverse, was it last year? Maybe a really big whack to get some of those Southern VT 3kers. Maybe the Bonds - never been there before).

Hehehe, Where's Dave?

That is too funny Neil!!! I forgot about that picture...Russ was sound asleep holding a beer...Courtney and I were soaking up the rays!!

Dave built the walkway right to my chair!!! :)He's the best!!:D

Well, I'll have to drive there from Bretton Woods as I am scheduled to attend, but it is doable. Perhaps I can get a ride from Dave. :D

I've missed these events and am in need of a good bonfire. Alas, Rider.Steve has boy duty that weekend.

uhhhhhhhhhhh

Well, I'll have to drive there from Bretton Woods as I am scheduled to attend, but it is doable. Perhaps I can get a ride from Dave. :D

I've missed these events and am in need of a good bonfire. Alas, Rider.Steve has boy duty that weekend.

If you come we promise to play your namesake/song... :D