NPS Daily Report

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadtripper

Reaction score
Anybody know if there is an online database of archived National Park Service morning reports? The nps website currently only shows the past couple of days: http://www.nps.gov/morningreport

I found these reports absolutely fascinating on many days, and I have wondered why no one ever compiled a collection of their most interesting stories (sort of like a bathroom reader of National Park adventures/mishaps).

Last edited:
That's an interesting idea. I check out those reports fairly regularly, just to see what trouble other people are getting themselves into. I'm not sure why. :eek:

I read The Morning Report almost every day and enjoy it a lot. I'm really a National Park Service junkie.

A book that I really enjoy is Death Daring and Disaster by Charles R. Farabee, Jr. It contains 500 pages of "Morning Report" type reports of incidents in Nation Parks from 1870 to 1997. It is fascinating and entertaining reading. Amazon link

You might enjoy reading Smith Brothers' Chronological History of Crater Lake National Park, which is online at The Crater Lake Institute. It includes lots of interesting tidbits from the history of the park over many years.