Pemi Winter Olympiad MMX

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Seaver

Reaction score
Contestants%20Leaving%20South%20Twin%20At%20Dusk.jpg

The Pemi Winter Olympians Enroute to North Twin at Dusk

Today marked the birth of a brand new winter event, the Pemi Winter Olympiad MMX, held atop the 4000' peaks of New Hampshire's Pemigewasset Wilderness.
The raw numbers?: 8 summits. 3 athletes. 4 quasi-olympic events. 30 miles. 15 hours. ...and 6 huge freakin' carrot cakes.
Check it Out

You guys are way too funny! And Tim is especially crazy- shirtless on Hale in those temps???!!! YIKES!

oh man, that trip report was the best! The picture you posted with Mt Washington in the distance, all blurry was my favorite, considering thats how the views usually look to me when I'm trudging along!:)

We shared the summit of Zealand with Hiker Ed - John & June -Steve Moore - Becca Munroe, and the rest of the gang. Nice to see all you folks! Also met Gillian & Frank just below the summit of Bond. Gillian had just completed her NH Winter 4's !!!! What a treat to be able to congratulate her. Her finale included a full Zealand - Bonds traverse on such a gorgeous day.

There were also snow writings to behold over around the Twinway - Twins - Gale River, from Adamiata - Schorman - Paradox (wicked nice arrow :cool: )

A big congratulations to Gillian on her winter 48 completion! Nice running into you and Dr. Wu on the Twinway.

Love the picture in the original post....LRiz's legs are a blur, which is how I picture her hiking anyway!

This just in...

We have manged to recover one image that was thought to be lost yesterday when one of the camera operators was taken out by FF2, as qualifying runs for the "2 Person BoobSled Event" on Galehead got underway.

Here is The Creep and FF1 on their winning run, showing the kind of poise and form that can only come from minutes of practice:

2%20Person%20Bobsled.jpg

Last edited:
The raw numbers?: 8 summits. 3 athletes. 4 quasi-olympic events. 30 miles. 15 hours. ...and 6 huge freakin' carrot cakes.

Mr. Seaver, in my opinion carrot cake consumption could (and should) be considered a Pemi Winter Olympiad MMX event all to itself. Might I add that the winner of the aforementioned event scarfed down no less than 5 cakes - without assistance - over the course of the hike? A damn fine accomplishment, my friend.

A fabulous route (thanks to the wonderful route-creating powers of Cate) + fabulous company made for one heck of a hike. Oh, and did I mention that I love my Nepal Evos!

Certainly a nice start to February grid-bagging... ;)

are you sure the snow notes were from schorman:p

A few more pictures from photographically-challenged eyes of FF2...

An awards ceremony was held to celebrate the results of this fabulous Olympic event. Unfortunately, FF1 and the Creep were unable to make it, so FF2 had to hold down the fort...

19456_557209450690_5903089_32760161_1548271_n.jpg

Oh, and one more of Washington:

You guys have a lot of fun out there!

Are there two javelin categories? One with snow basket and one without?