Dr. D. finished the Winter NH100H on Dartmouth 2/7/10

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mats Roing

Reaction score
A mighty fine bushwhack from the north side of Dartmouth finished his quest. He will fill in more details later.

Go Dr. D!

HEY, awesome !

It was fun doing some of the peaks with you (one actually:eek:).

I found that the wNHHH was a tough list to solo, so I had a lot of help from friends, including Julie and JS on the Hitchcocks (I am counting both Main and South as I am using the old list of some 108 peaks) on 2 Jan 10, arm on the Huntingtons (again, - I am counting two) on 6 Feb 10, and dritter and Carl Cressey on Dartmouth. All were done without GPS except M Weeks, N Whitcomb (aka The Muise), and Dartmouth. I managed to pick up a light flesh wound from a branch that just missed my right eye on a solo of Bemis on 5 Feb 10, but other than that, survived pretty much with my body if not sanity intact. Thanks also to those whom I accompanied on other wNHHH bushwhacks over the past decade; I might have finished earlier if I had followed John Swanson's advice to work on more than one list at a time. But, no, I am not planning to attempt the wNH200H list, at least not at this time.

Nice job getting it ,Thom. Someone should start a finishers list like the Grid and 48 in one sites as a companion site..nudge nudge.:)

You guys have any idea on the number of finishers? I know the ADK W100 is real low, only 3. Pin Pin Jr, Tom Haskins and Eric S.

Good job Thom. I think you might be eligible for another extra discount at your favorite bar ;)

Awesome job Thom! Winter Trailwrights next (since you just bagged Lethe)?

Many thanks for the kind words, all. But, do not believe everything that arm writes! :). Julie and JS (aka Timmus and Motabobo): yes, we will have another list completion celebration at Woodstock Station on a Saturdav afternoon in late April after the skier traffic has diminished, as I need to use up my accrued points. CRR: Keith at AMC 4000-footer committee is now compiling NHHH list completions; I believe that I have followed Al Dwyer at #23 from last year and Doc Ross at #24 from last month on the wNHHH list. Either your wNYHH list is harder than ours or NH attracts more bushwhackers? :) J+J: yes, winter Trailwrights list is really hot and the latest in thing, The Grid is old school and no longer cool. :)

CRR: Keith at AMC 4000-footer committee is now compiling NHHH list completions; I believe that I have followed Al Dwyer at #23 from last year and Doc Ross at #24 from last month on the wNHHH list. Either your wNYHH list is harder than ours or NH attracts more bushwhackers? :)
We have less organized group hikes for sure, to few it seems to get momentum but you do see it more now. There is only about 33 completions for the any season last I heard.

J+J: yes, winter Trailwrights list is really hot and the latest in thing, The Grid is old school and no longer cool. :)
Really? I heard some hip young chick is completing it next month!:)

We have less organized group hikes for sure, to few it seems to get momentum but you do see it more now. There is only about 33 completions for the any season last I heard.
The winter NHHH went quite awhile without any completions after the first group finished, but seems to be popular again. The sort of snow we have in NH right now is a great incentive for winter lists :)