Storm Peak, 10,500 ft, Steamboat, Colorado

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations to you both. May you have a long happy life together.
Terra the maid of honor????
Sandy

sabrina_mj.jpg

Congrats!

Thank you for all your kind wishes, everyone! The moment just kind of came together, as the beautiful weather that day meant our friend Doug would have his über camera with him as we skied around. We were finishing lunch out on the deck at the top of the gondola, and well, it was time. Fortunately, the only coaxing I had to do was for the photo. :)

Afterward, of course, it was back into the trees to rip up the powder. Yee-haw!!!

As for it just being the start of an adventure, well, there was the snow leading to a cancelled flight out of Steamboat since the airport has no ILS, the announcement that we would not be able to get a flight out before Tuesday, the nighttime in-the-snow drive over Rabbit Ears Pass to I-70 & across the continental divide and down into Denver before the road was closed, the early-morning trip to DIA for our rebooked flight, and at this very moment we're at about 30,000 feet on our way to Cincinnati, where hopefully all will go well with our transfer to Boston.

Great time, epic skiing, and the best Valentine ever. Sorry, the only hiking we did was to and from the hot tub. Though I know a certain fiancée who actually went running after a couple of our ski days... ;)

doug-taking-engagement-photo.jpg