Guns in National Parks: The Trailer

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a serious note - one thing I learned about yesterday regarding this new law is that state law still applies in terms of what is legal in any given park. And, guns aren't allowed in federal buildings, including national parks.

On a serious note - one thing I learned about yesterday regarding this new law is that state law still applies in terms of what is legal in any given park. And, guns aren't allowed in federal buildings, including national parks.

Actually the law passed last year DOES allow firearms in some national parks (Yellowstone being one of them).

"As of Monday, guns will be allowed in all but about 20 of the park service's 392 locations, including some of its most iconic parks: Yellowstone, the Grand Canyon, Great Smoky Mountains, Yosemite and Rocky Mountain National Park. Guns will not be allowed in visitor centers or rangers' offices, because firearms are banned in federal buildings, but they could be carried into private lodges or concession stands, depending on state laws."
http://www.fox5vegas.com/politics/22612644/detail.html

Decisions, decisions

This is a tough one. For about the same price I could get an Old Town Rockport 14 canoe ...

canoe

... or a Glock 23 .40 caliber with 13 round magazine and still have some money left over to put towards a laser sight.

Glock

What SHOULD I do???? :confused:

Actually the law passed last year DOES allow firearms in some national parks (Yellowstone being one of them).

Umm...please re-read my post. The Fox News article says "The law lets licensed gun owners bring firearms into national parks and wildlife refuges as long as they are allowed by state law".

Which is what I posted ...

Umm...please re-read my post. The Fox News article says "The law lets licensed gun owners bring firearms into national parks and wildlife refuges as long as they are allowed by state law".

Which is what I posted ...

Kevin is exactly correct. It actually brings the National parks in line with the law that is used and has been used for National forests for a very long time.

My pistol permit from CT (fingerprint, background check, etc.) allows me to get a PP from NH. That NH PP allows me to carry a handgun based upon NH state law in the National forest in NH. National parks will now be governed in the same manner. More than anything it avoids the confusion of the more than 22,000 laws governing guns in the state and federal system that the law abiding citizens need to know and is insanely complicated.

Keith