Parking lots in the Whites..3/2

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silverfox

Reaction score
While driving over to Wildcat today I passed many trailheads and current parking situations are as follows

Garfield Lot, at beginning of access road..not plowed

some space at 5 corners near the snowmobile trail

Cherry Mountain Lot...not plowed

Owls Head Parking Lot..not plowed

Appalachia Lot..somewhat plowed but capacity about 1/3 of normal I would guess

Both Imp trailheads had room for several cars on side of road

19 Mile Brook Trail well plowed

Wildcat Ski area..well plowed

Last edited:
The Sandwich Mountain parking lot has not been plowed for the past several winters, just the access road to the power sub-station an a small area for a couple of cars.

Due to the low snowfalls in the region the whole lot is quite usable, with maybe a couple of inches of well packed snow.

Any info on Mt Kinsman Trail parking area

Has anyone been by the Mt Kinsman trail parking area since the last storm. Has it been plowed or do I need to bring a shovel? Would like to do Kinsman's this saturday. Any info is appreciated. Thanks

no more than 3 to 4 inches in that lot which has yet to be plowed this winter..should be no problem for 4 wheel drive vehicles for sure ..

Is this the WMNF lot or another? Is there a fee and who do you pay it to?

No - this is not the WMNF lot. This is the lower lot at the Cog. There is no fee. When you are driving into the Cog area from the access road you will see two signs, one on either side of the road that say "Danger - Keep Out" The lot they have plowed for hikers is just to the right of the signs.