Hooray for Jansport!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

werdigo49

Reaction score
I had some trouble with the main zipper on a 20-year-old Jansport daypack:

http://www.vftt.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34687&highlight=zipper

Finally I sent Jansport a "warranty" email, explaining that this was for repair, not warranty work, since the pack was about 20 years old. I received an email reply advising me to send the pack to Jansport's warranty service center in Washington; there was even an apology that they had to ask me to send it to them!

Within a couple of weeks the pack arrived. It had been cleaned and the main zipper replaced. It had also been inspected thoroughly and provided with other repairs: a whole new bottom panel, repairs to both side pockets, and a new zipper pull on one pocket.

This was all at no cost to me, apart from mailing it, on a heavily used (and often stuffed, sometimes with snowshoes strapped to the back) 20-year-old daypack!

This is impressive service. The next time I'm in the market for gear I'll certainly check Jansport's offerings before a purchase.

Back in 94 I hiked the AT(SOBO). My Jansport packs main zipper broke. I called them to see if they could refer me to a shop to get it repaired. They said they knew of none local(PA at the time) They instead mailed me a NEW pack at my next mail drop. All I had to do was repack my old pack and mail it back to them. Doesn't get any better than that! I am glad to hear they still provide a high level of service.

Not to mention their packs wear like iron. I have a daypack that actually served as a bookbag (and occasional daypack) through 2 years of high school and 4 years of college, and I used to CRAM it full of books. 16 years later it still has a spot in my gear closet and sees occasional use.

5 years ago I bought a Jansport Goshawk 40 internal frame (2400 ci) from Campmor for $49 and couldn't be happier with it. Excellent fit, features, and price. So glad to hear their support is a nice as their packs.

I have two Jansport waistpacks that are in great condition after 10 years. Their stuff is sturdy, no doubt about that. I'm glad to hear their customer service is so good.