Happy Endings and New Beginnings!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Now that is what I call "Going Green"!!!

Congrats Mary Ellen and thanks for inviting us all along! You are always a fun person to hike with and a pleasure to be near! From the first time we met up on Pierce I have admired your energy and enthusiasm. You had hiked Cannon in the am and were enjoying early April weather on the Pierce with bloody knees from a mishap on the trail. You were laughing and joking and would not think of using the bandaid I offered from a firstaid kit. So this is a "mean girl", I wondered later? I came to realize later that "mean", in my opinion, was equivalent to insurmountable determination. You have always shown the rest of us how to have fun in the mountains during our accomplishments and there are few people that don't recognize your sweet smile and pigtails along the trails in New England!

Have a super time on the AT! The folks attempting it this year have no idea what a treat they will receive just sharing the path with one of New England's finest people! Be safe and have a memorable and exciting time showing the South what fun is!;)

Congrats Meb!

What a great turn out of hikers for your finish...and this was only on one of the trails..many others were there!

just shows how much you are loved and respected......with your smile and energy it's been a pleasure to join you on hikes!

I can't wait to hear your tales form the AT...enjoy it and I know you'll meet so many new friends on your travels!!!

It's something you have been wanting to do and what a treat to be starting it just as you close the Grid!!:D

Hope to meet up with you along the AT trail....:rolleyes:

It is definitly going to be different hiking this summer without you on the trails of the White's! :eek:

rest of my pics....
http://picasaweb.google.com/hikerdd13/MebSGridFinish?feat=directlink

Congrats, MEB. Sorry that I stayed an extra day in Albany supporting my hockey team with the hope that they could win one more for a trip to the Frozen Four in Detroit. But, alas, was not meant to be.

My best hike with you was across the southern Presi's a couple or three (?) years ago in March; quite the effort trying to keep up with you and Rachel racing against darkness over Jackson after we ditched Steve Martin who bailed down the Crawford Path.

You sure did not waste any time on this list, and you certainly have fine "mean girl" company in Stinkyfeet and Cath.

Best wishes on the AT and take time smell the rhododendrons.

Cheers, Dr. D.

Congratulations MEB! Glad we could join you for your big finish. Have fun the next five-six months. See you in NH in August.
John & June

MEB approaching the summit of Flume
IMG_0058.JPG

Nice patch MEB and well earned.
IMG_0107.JPG

The champagne did flow.
Liberty%20%26%20Flume%20MEB%20Grid%20Finish%203-27-10.jpg

A few more pictures of the big day here:http://jjhikes.phanfare.com/4616493#imageID=96196537

Way to go MEB

You should take a long walk while you decide what's next ;)

Hurry home!

Mary Ellen,

Congratulations on finishing the Grid. What an accomplishment. I'm glad to be able to say that I've hiked with you!

Good Luck on the AT. I hope to see you on the trail when you get up to this area!

Woody

You rock!!!

MEB...you are truely a gift from above.
Anyone who has come into contact with you just loves you.
Wish I could have been there for the finish.
I'm all teary just reading the posts.
You are a tough act to follow.
Congrats on the grid.
You haven't even left yet and I miss you already.
I hope to meet you somewhere on the AT.
Stay safe my friend.

Hugs,

Mtnmama

Mary Elllen,

Congratulations on your success in completing the grid. Looking forward to hiking along the AT with you through your journal. An adventure of a lifetime!

Donna and Mike:)

Nice job MEB.

57 days 8 hours 35 minutes GO FOR IT!!!

Good luck walking home

Congratulations MEB.....Oh! Guru.....Well done.
Stay safe on the trail. Kmac and I will be looking for you in Connecticut.
Let us know when you will be coming thru.....
Love ya!