Granite State of Mind - Jay Z Parody

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Growing up In Conway...it's a riot!! :D

I love it, and lots of cool pics! :D

Especially love how he tells people the proper way to say the Kanc!!!:p

Racist......, but growing up in Conway, it was fact.....lets just say things have changed over the years from what it used to be! In a good way!;)

Last edited:
Did I miss something? There's a single ironic reference to the very pale complexion of NH, which caused me to smile in recognition, not to perceive any racist intent. Unless I did actually miss something else, I think this is one excellent video. With the deletion of that single reference, it is entirely suited to tourism promotion.

Did I miss something? There's a single ironic reference to the very pale complexion of NH, which caused me to smile in recognition, not to perceive any racist intent. Unless I did actually miss something else, I think this is one excellent video. With the deletion of that single reference, it is entirely suited to tourism promotion.

I think it says something around 3:00 to the effect that he does not know any Hispanics and only 1 black person. It's not a terrible line, perhaps just a fact.

I think it says something around 3:00 to the effect that he does not know any Hispanics and only 1 black person. It's not a terrible line, perhaps just a fact.

It is fact for Conway...Growing up there we had one black student in the 10th Grade in kennett high and no other ethnic races that I can recall...that was in the 70's...:rolleyes:

Things have changed a lot in the Valley.:D

Agreed - this isn't anywhere near racist. Its not like the guy said he only WANTED one black friend. And the video is indeed hilarious. Even better is the one they did called "Realistic Love Song".

Last edited:
Putting "Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening" into rap is pure genius.

They should have mentioned Dartmouth and the presidential primary, and cut the reference to cow tipping - but overall it is very good :)

Blue - I think the Robert Frost poem might have been my favorite part. I find myself quoting those words at least once whenever I'm in the woods. It doesn't even need to be winter. I loved the piece and wonder if we have a new state song heading to Concord?

"It's like old Hampshire, but it's new...." Too funny! That was a well produced video. Loved the "plow guy" on the mini piano... Also, I would have never imagined putting Frost to rap, but they made it work...

Also loved the Al Kaprielain reference!

As for the for the cow tipping reference, that is more of a myth than reality. The physics behind it make it almost impossible for a single human to do that. Doug Paul???:D