Snow in the Notch

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3-4" of heavy wet snow in Franconia Notch. Plows working away. 32F. Watch out, lots of people up here took off snows prematurely. It's never over 'til May.

Yup -- snowing/sleeting here, too.

Now I don't feel too lazy (just mildly) for not having gotten my snow tires off two weeks ago as originally planned.

Of course, if I wait long enough, they'll still be on for the first snows of November...?

I have been watching this storm and thinking that exact same thing, lots of people will hike this weekend and be completely surprised when they see snow and they have sneakers on. That's because its been so warm for almost a month. In terms of this storm, the really heavy snow is going to come through the Whites tonight through tomorrow and taper to snow showers Sunday. In Whites, about 1500 feet will get 3-5 inches, while places above 3000 feet may see 10-15 before it is all over with. Should be some real nice pictures if you go.

-Matt

Last edited:
13 inches so far at Carter Hut, a general 6-10 for all of the other huts and notches. And, it will continue into Monday.

Hiked up to the Bowl in Tucks this morning. 9 to 12 inches of new snow clinging very nicely to the trees. Met lots of hikers, skiers, boarders and dogs coming up as I descended.

i remember may of 97, i think there was 98 inches of snow on mt washington. that's 8 feet