8th annual ADK BBQ and Gathering

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peak_bgr

Reaction score
Well it's that time of year again to start thinking about another get together. Here's a little run down. You guys are ok to show up on thursday, just give the campsite a heads up. I will post the # real soon.

Date

August 20-22

Where

Magic Pines campground in Lewis,New York, same as last year. Mass campsite in the back, same location.

Friday

Many hiking parties start out for the day. We return and many group up to go out for dinner. Later that night another bonfire and beer. Many more people show up. Great day for plannng saturdays death march.

Saturday

More hikes planned from the night before, longer hikes usually. Many groups come back late. This is the night for a large bonfire and much more beverage and a party. It’s a potluck dinner style. Everyone brings a local brew from their area to share and a dish for the dinner.

Sunday

Usually another hiking day, before the long ride back home.

Directions

Get off Exit 32 of Interstate 87, head west on County Route 12 . Go to stop sign at rte 9 and take a right toward Keeseville and Plattsburgh. The campsite is about 5 minutes up the road. Enter the campsite and check in, the campsite is in the back left corner of the campsite.

Parking

There is ample parking in the site area, find a nice spot and set up camp.

Any questions just give a shout.

I checked the website for the essex ferry today but remember reading in the news that that ferry had been closed for awhile due to the crown point bridge project. Is that straightened out and should we plan on having that option available coming from the east side of the lake?

I had too much fun last year, so I don't know if I can stand that much mirth and joviality two years in a row...

...I guess I could try. :D

-Steve

I'm in. It was good fun last year. Nice folks. Good time. Now that I saw the kiddy pool how I can't stay away.

I was thinking of doing a moon lite hike that weekend anyway. Maybe I'll do that on Friday night and nap on Saturday until the party starts.

I made a dutch oven something last year, I don't remember. Does anyone remember or like it enough enough to want it again?

I still have flashbacks of this unforzencaveman guy! :D

Intense :eek::D

Last edited:
The ferry should be good to go from Essex/Charlotte or up north to Champlain. There is a ferry at the bridge to transport those wanting to use the bridge. I am unaware of any issues with the ferry.

I have no plans for hikes as of yet. But I will get the two kiddie pools ready for beverages.

I have one load of wood coming. Remember do not transport wood into the campsite if it is more than 50 miles away. We need to delay any outbreak of invasive insects.

I have no plans for hikes as of yet. But I will get the two kiddie pools ready for beverages.

Glad to see that you have your priorities in order!! :p

Fran and I would love to come again this year -- she may have to work that weekend, so can't commit just yet.

Yes it is, so you can bring Michael J. :D

Oh, snap! ;)

I've been wanting to bring da kids back up to do another ADKHP, so this looks like a good excuse to get up there.

As I'm a ADKBBQ n00b, I was wondering if there is usually music (either around the campfire or elsewhere)? If so, I'll throw an instrument or two in the Thule box...