shuttle options in white mts

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banjolady

Reaction score
am coming up to NH for a hut traverse in july with my 18 yr old cousin Natasha. we will be staying at highland center on sun july 11 and would like to get to appalachia trailhead in gorham mon jul 12. hiker shuttle does not get there till 1045 which is a bit of late start for us. do you know of any private shuttle services or someone local who wants to earn a bit of extra cash that would help us with this? want to leave my car at highland center where we will finish our hike on thursday 7/14.
thanks susan
[email protected]

I have used these two shuttles in situations like yours:

• The Shuttle Connection - based in Lincoln - http://shuttleconnection.com/
  • Art Jolin's White Mountain Shuttle - based in Gorham - 1-603-466-2127 - no website that I know of. He's probably your best bet going to Appalachia.

Both of these have been reliable. Art Jolin is particularly accommodating.

I also have this name but I have never tried it:

• Bruce Feige - based in Gorham - 1-603-466-5282 - also no website that I know of.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
The Shuttle
  • I rode with John Labrecque for probably 20 years and he was great. The Shuttle Connection has gone through at least two ownerships since John retired and the current operation (as of a year ago anyway) is a lot more a by-the-book business and a lot more expensive (even allowing for fuel costs). Also, based on a small sampling, less dependable - have a cell phone to follow up while you're waiting.

You may already know this, but, just in case:
If you are staying at the Madison Hut the first night, you have tons of time to get there by dinner, if you are starting from Appalachia at 10:45 AM.

You may already know this, but, just in case:
If you are staying at the Madison Hut the first night, you have tons of time to get there by dinner, if you are starting from Appalachia at 10:45 AM.

That's a good point -