Dream Lake & Wocket Ledge via Peabody Brook Trail + Mahoosuc Trail (23-May-2010)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1HappyHiker

Reaction score
Below is a Trail Conditions summary. A few photos from this trek are located in the Trip Reports forum. (Click HERE)

Trail Conditions:

A) Peabody Brook Trail: There are a lot of bog bridges all along the eastern shore of Dream Lake. They are all in good shape and appear to be no more than a few years old.

Even though the bog bridges are in good shape, the Peabody Brook Trail has a few issues which begin roughly at about 1.8 miles or so from the trailhead. From that point forward to the beginning of the bog bridges, there are multiple blowdowns, and the trail is in major need of brushing. The trail is certainly passable, and this wasn't a problem for me since many of my bushwhacks take me through similar conditions. However, this might be an issue for those who prefer a well-groomed trail.

There were no issues with water crossings and no special equipment is required.

B) Mahoosuc Trail (from Dream Lake to Wocket Ledge): This 1.1 mile section of trail is generally in good shape. There are a few minor blowdowns, but nothing that can't be easily worked around in one way or another. There were no issues with water crossings and no special equipment is required.