Devils Path East-to-West

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

percious

Reaction score
I'm planning a trip for Devil's Path in October. We are going to do an east-west traverse, over 3 days. What I need to know is if there is a leanto within a few miles of the eastern terminus. It would be ideal to arrive thursday night, and get a few miles in, since we only have till Sunday.

-percious

On the overlook trail, which is about 1.85 miles from the Prediger Road trailhead of the DP, is the Devils Kitchen Leanto. I think its 1 or 2 tenths of a mile off the path on the overlook trail.

Anybody thats been there can confirm. I don't think there is anything else unless you want to camp.

Maybe I'll run into you, depending on when you are going:)

Percious, The Devil's Kitchen Lean-to is what you are looking for. From the eastern trailhead on Prediger Rd it is a relatively level 1.9 miles to a trail junction with the Overlook trail. The lean-to is just 0.15 miles ahead (south) on the Overlook trail so it will not take you far off the Devil's Path. On a Thursday night you are likely to have the lean-to to yourself, but there is no guarantee of course. There is a reliable stream at the lean-to.