Tecumseh and other Stuff

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hiking with Kat

Reaction score
Had a nice weekend with my wife doing some hiking out of Waterville Valley.

The bugs were out there, but as long as you kept moving they weren't so bad. I really don't mind those holes in my arms :)

On Saturday did a nice walk out to Greeley Pounds and saw some excellent flowers.

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

As always the pounds are very relaxing, however swarms of bugs were waiting for us and we only stayed a short time.

photo.php

Sunday morning I did Tecumseh, which I've skied on numerous times, but never hiked before. It was a very enjoyable half day hike. The trail is really easy till you get to the first view point of the ski trails (Periphery)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=357396&id=100000115613382

Then the trail gets steep for a mile or so till you come out on the ridge, the views were limited because of the Canadian wild fires.

photo.php

At the summit, I meet up with Hikes with Her and Hikes with Him, and a dog trainer and 2 very nice dogs.

Then followed the Sosman trail to the top of the ski hill

photo.php

I had lunch under the old ski tower, I'm told they had to relocate the lift lower on the mountain because the wind made the higher lift location unusable.

From here I hiked down the ski trails

photo.php

Following White Caps to Old Tecumseh, generally a nice hike.

For the afternoon we did some driving around and short walks. Stopped by the Mountain Wanderer and had a nice chat with Steve Smith. Finally had dinner at the Common Man. There vegetarian meddle was very good.

Nice pics! THose Canada wildfires really were something, huh?

I esp like the shots of the lady slippers! I can't seem to get clear ones...they are always blurry. What is your secret?

grouseking

Re-posted with hopefully easier to follow links, not sure how to delete this post

Nice to meet you :)

After discussing the fires with you and knowing that we weren't going to burn up in some forest fire coming up the mountain, we had a very enjoyable hike down!!

Tripyramids...here we come

Nice pics! THose Canada wildfires really were something, huh?

I esp like the shots of the lady slippers! I can't seem to get clear ones...they are always blurry. What is your secret?

grouseking

I basically follow my wife's advice and set the camera mode to portrait.

One minor correction. The ski trail that you label as Periphery is actually the Boneyard. Periphery is much narrower and has the north side chairlift running along its length to the right. There are three spots to pop out onto the slopes of WV. The first is Boneyard, where the trail takes a sharp right before heading up the first steep section. The second is at the loading section of the north side chairlift, and the third is mid-way up Periphery.