Mt. Hight via. Stoney Brook, Moriah Brook, Basin and Black Angel Trail 5/30/10

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr_wu002

Reaction score
Mt. Hight via. Stony Brook, Moriah Brook, Basin and Black Angel Trail; Down 19 Mile Brook Trail

Date: 5/29/10 (not 5/30)

Trail Conditions:
Stony Brook: Very good condition, no snow.
Moriah Brook: Top 1/2 mile of this trail sucks. Mostly mud. The rest of it is in great shape, I think.
Basin Trail: Good condition, well worn trail, minimal issues.
Black Angel Trail (East Part): Good condition; a little mud.
Wild River Crossing: Water was low so it was very easy.
Black Angel Trail (West Part): Lots of blowdowns but they're all pretty easy to negotiate -- won't slow you down much, even when running. The lower portion of the trail has some sections that are a little obscure, upper section is gorgeous and except for stick tree blowdowns, is in great shape.
Carter Dome Trail & 19 Mile Brook Trail: Excellent condition, except for a bit of snow and blowdowns above Zeta Pass. We bombed are way down the trail -- some of the most fun running, didn't want this trail to end.

Special Equipment Required: The creativity to come up with a cool loop hike like this one!

Comments: Overall, a very cool loop. All the trails were in good shape and highly runable. The Black Angel Trail is way cool. Mt. Hight is also a great summit -- didn't even bother with Carter Dome (looks like there's a lot of snow still on the trail going up Carter Dome from the col). And, as I already mentioned, the 19 Mile Brook Trail could have been another 10 miles, running down on it was way cool and fun.

Your name: Dr. Wu & JF

Your E-mail address: [email protected]

BTW: the correct date was 5/29/10 -- I'm having a moron time of things recently...

Last edited: