Indian Falls crossover trail

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadpoint

Reaction score
india falls crossover trail

is camping permitted around the indian fall crossover trail? i'm putting together a trip it that area and it would be the ideal spot for what we have planned for the first day. if not we're just going to crash at avalanch camp.

thanks.

I camped at Lake Arnold in June and enjoyed dinner on the shore as the sunset over the lake and had a good site and a good nights sleep.

Actually, almost all of the crossover trail is under 3500', once you leave Indian Falls (where there is no camping allowed) I can't think of any ideal spots along the trail. Lake Arnold is a great spot with two designated tent sites and a privy. Hard to recommend anything not knowing what your trip entails.

Doc McPeak said:
Actually, almost all of the crossover trail is under 3500', once you leave Indian Falls (where there is no camping allowed) I can't think of any ideal spots along the trail. Lake Arnold is a great spot with two designated tent sites and a privy. Hard to recommend anything not knowing what your trip entails.

I just looked on a map, McPeak is right. The trail pretty much straddles the 3500' line (I'd of guessed that it was all above 3500') . On -THIS- topozone map, the X marks about where the 3500' (~1065 meters) mark is along the trail.

I would guess down by where it leaves the trail to Lake Arnold would be okay (its near water anyway), but the Lake Arnold designated sites are only another .5 miles (and 300 feet up) the trail, and probably worth the walk.

DELETED PREVIOUS POST, Thanks for the correct info Doc. :)

Last edited: