Man Found Lying Naked Next To Hiking Trail

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the great attractions to tramping in the woods, for me, long has been the "relaxed standards" of the dress code. It always has been part of that "freedom of the hills" thing, in my mind. Not that I have always, or frequently joined the relaxed standards crowd, mind you. Knowing that the standards are relaxed generally has been sufficient to satisfy my craving for personal liberty in this regard. It's one less thing I have to concern myself with as I tramp through the woods.

Of course, I don't know the details of this particular incident -- just how far off the beaten path this natural citizen was when he got busted for his "indiscretion," for example. And I really don't know just how much effort the guy was (or was not) making to be discrete or demure. Or what else he may have been doing. I tend to be out of the "no harm, no foul" school in these matters. Taking a little sun amidst the ferns just doesn't seem like much of a crime to me.

(Still, relaxed dress code standards don't wholly eliminate some obligation to be reasonably discrete when and where other folks are or may be around, in my view.)

It's a sad day when strict "clothing not optional" rules enforced by the cops invade our boondocks, if you ask me.

G.

Hmmm,

I can see why this guy got arrested, mainly because he was at the trailhead. It would be one thing if he was further in, away from most people. Though I'd prob be pretty surprised to see a random naked man laying in the woods partway up a mountain. But who knows, I'd prob be trying so hard to climb that I wouldn't notice him at all!

Was that wrong? If someone had told me when I started hiking that this sort of thing was frowned upon...

Law

Was that wrong? If someone had told me when I started hiking that this sort of thing was frowned upon...

The problem is that there are laws against it.Should have been out of sight.
Wonder if he had plenty of bug dope and if he found any TICKS.;)

Two time offender...Good reason to pack a....ohoh thread drift:D;)

I know this wasn't a WILDERNESS area, but, if it were, I am assuming one should be in as natural a state as possible, right? :confused::eek:

Reactions: arm
Was it decent or indecent exposure?

Can a person seeing something like this die of exposure?