South Twin from Twin Brook?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Reaction score
Catch basin bagging.

Checking out the map I noticed a 3rd catch basin in line with and parallel to Hellgate and Redrock brooks. Ie. Twin Brook.

You could whack your way up-valley right to the top of South Twin (no slides unfortunately).

Has anyone done it? It might be gnarly given the exposure. Anybody interested? After, you could take the trail to West Bond and go down the slide on the south end of WB to Hellgate Brook to make a loop out of it. Or, if not enough time just take the Gale River Trail out.

Hmmm... lemme guess, beautiful hardwoods till about 3200' then spruce hell above that. I've heard that the whole area surrounding SW Twin is pretty sprucy.

You could also drop down Redrock to Redrock Pond (Bear Pond) -- I heard that's a cool place.

-Dr. Wu

I was just looking at the topo map and noticed when they made the map they put the 4,000'-4,600' contour lines awfully close together...I wonder why they did that?
It makes it hard to see the lines when they're that close together.

I've had some very bad experiences in ravines that were open to the south-west which I'd rather not talk about. :rolleyes:

I was just looking at the topo map and noticed when they made the map they put the 4,000'-4,600' contour lines awfully close together...I wonder why they did that?
When they made the map they were listening to Grace Slick, Janis, Jimi, and Canned Heat.

Hey Mr. Spaceman I won't do anything wrong.