Flags on the 48 - 2010

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilentCal

Reaction score
Seeing as it is Flag Day, it's time to announce the ninth annual "Flags on the 48" event for 2010.

Important dates to remember concerning this:

Monday July 12th: 6:00 pm -----> Signups will open
Saturday September 11th: 12:00 to 2:00 pm -->The memorial

Information on the event can be found here: www.Flagsonthe48.org

Should anyone have any questions, feel free to send me a pm.

Thanks for everyone's support in the past and I hope we can get a nice weather day for this year's event since it actually falls on September 11th.

We were just wondering about Flags 2010 this weekend! You must have read our minds, Silent Cal. ;)

MichaelJ and I have a super busy month this September :rolleyes:,
so won't be leading a peak this year, but hope to tag along with others.

Yes indeed, roughly two weeks away.

The Flags website does not reflect it, but we may be in need for someone for Carter Dome.

I understand there are a lot of corrections that need to be done on the Flags peak list. I apologize that it has not been fixed up.

"Mountain Top Memorial"

Nice article/blurb on the flags event on pg 13 of sept/oct "AMC outdoors". Jim Roy quoted. Nice pic of 5 of the original group on Liberty.

Frodo was indeed in the Original group on Mt. Liberty and thus the organizer of the event.

I'll have to pick up the magazine when I'm in Pinkham next week.

If you still need Carter Dome, let us know. I would go with Paradox if I could, but covering the peaks is important.

We have had two peaks that have had cancellations on them.

Carter Dome and Wildcat D.

We are having communitcations issues on the site and I am unable to contact the "other hikers" listed under those peaks to see if they can ensure that the peaks are covered.

If there is anyone out there that can help, Please PM me, reply here or send an email to : [email protected].

We are keeping an eye on Tropical Storm Gaston as well

Thanks
Silentcal

Thanks LRiz and Tom but I do have Carter Dome squared away.

We are in need of a taker for Wildcat D. If you take the the AT from the Glen Ellis parking area, I can guarantee you that you'll have one of the best maintained trails in the Whites.

i'll wave a flag from the top of cathedral ledge tomorrow. :cool: