Walk the Length of NH (Virtually)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoySwkr

Reaction score
Ever walk the length of NH's coast?

Walk around Lake Winnipesaukee?

Walk from Concord to Chocorua Lake and return?

If you walk a distance equivalent to the length of NH, you can get a
patch from these folks:

http://www.walknh.org/fhc/initiatives/walknh/2006brochureforweb.pdf

(Retired peakbagger Ray Chaput has actually walked the length of NH, and
thousands have walked the similar length of VT.)

It seems the intent is to encourage more walking. It doesn't clearly state that its not about recognizing walking that people have already done, but it does seem to be intended to reward new miles walked, not miles walked before the program. Or am I jumping to conclusions?

The brochure and application is from 2006. I'd venture a guess that many of us have hiked 190 miles since 2006. I'm over 750 myself.

Tim
You probably know that it's 767.8, don't you? Come on now, fess up! :D

If I had to limit myself to 2006 -> today, I think I can still get the requisite mileage in the state of NH. I'll try to figure it out tonight. I didn't keep track of the mileage for most of my hikes, so I'll either have to guess, or pull out a map. Hmmm, I think guessing is good enough for this effort! ;)

The brochure and application is from 2006. I'd venture a guess that many of us have hiked 190 miles since 2006. I'm over 750 myself.

Tim

Good point. Hiking the Cohos Trail last summer would get me there (if I counted the miles when I took after I missed a turn) and I'll probably have that mileage in soon. Still, somehow I'd only think of doing it for miles and logging them after I read the challenge. Of course, I am really lazy when it comes to doing almost any kind of paperwork.

Last edited:
Pffft, I probably average 190 miles every 6 months or less! :D

And for that matter I have virtually driven (one way) the length of New Hampshire in one day. From Manchvegas to within about 5 miles of the northernmost point of the NH/Canada boarder. Where is a patch for that!? :p

Brian