4th Weekend in NH - Family hikin'

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giggy

Reaction score
I am going to be in the whites with the family the 4th weekend. We are doing other things besides hiking, but one of the days I am planning on taking my son (5yr) on his first 4k'er. It will be something in the easy range and the pace will be at the slow/moderate range with many stops to check things out.

we always find it fun if there are other kids for him to hike with, so if anyone is interested, let me know. Flex as to what day. (sat or sun).

4th of July weekend...

Hey, Ajtiv and I are doing Isolation on Monday the 5th... Al has 2 kids... I don't think your kids would be up for that, but just saying...

In any case, I hope to be up there sometime sunday for a monday hike.

Jay

hey gig - hope to be up there that weekend, keep me in loop on this as my pace will be that of a 5 year old.. well, actually he may be faster than me. as you know, I got no kids, but I can whine like one.

Gig - Don't want to miss Story Land and Clark's Trading Post. Fun times for little kids!;)

Santa's Village is cool, too -- and very close to Waumbek, which is a mellow 4K (though not much bang for the buck).

Have a great time.

I am going to be up there with my two kids son just turned 11 and daughter is 13. My son hikes at a good pace but my daughter is a little more leasurly. They are both good with younger kids
We are hiking Cabot on Saturday and Zealand on Sunday
If Monday is a good weather day we plan on hiking Isolation on Monday with Jay H
They are working on finishing the 48 the end of the summer
Al

Giggy
Let me know what peak you want to do. I can bring Lloyd. He hikes for a while and I carry him some. He's good for 4-5 hour stuff. We will be camping somewhere.

Giggy, I would say one of the best with the bang for the trek would be Pierce. Pros - Gibs Falls, Canadian Jays to feed, above treeline views, Great place up top for a picnic, gradual approach and descent, possible side tour to Mizpah Hut and Nauman Tentsite (so he can be familiar with what's there). Cons - long haul for five (but should be okay at a slow pace) and the rocky trail has alot of ankle biters.

If I'm in the area I would enjoy coming along and possibly BBQ a Pierce Picnic!;)